The team at Legajoist comprises of lawyers from top universities in India & abroad. The lawyers working on international assignments are either foreign degree holders or trained using the experienced faculty or training institutes. We use top of the line international databases like Westlaw and Lexis-Nexis based on client needs. Our area of expertise extends to the following:
- Legal Research, Opinion & Training
- Contract Drafting & Negotiation Assistance
- Compliance & Due Diligence
- Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affairs
- Intellectual Property Services
- Litigation & litigation support
I. Legal research
We provide case-laws and statutes based legal research to our clients. Our team has access to a variety of industry-standard databases, both online and offline. We complete the research projects efficiently, comprehensively and on time. We strive to become the first choice for critical research needs of Corporate, Associates and in-house counsel. Our services include:
- Analyzing central (federal), state, and administrative case-laws, concerning topics such as employment law, taxation, bankruptcy, intellectual property, business torts, civil procedure, contracts, real estate, corporate governance, insurance, telecommunication, ethics etc.
- Opinion, Advise and execution of federally regulated matters, such as Stamp Laws, Securities Regulation, Employment, Competition, Copyright, other IP matters, Taxation, Legal Metrology Act and Economic Laws.
- Training on Foreign laws applicable to Indian subsidiary and to Indian holding Companies via their overseas arm, such as FCPA, Anti-Bribery Laws etc. having extra-territorial jurisdiction.
- Multi-jurisdictional surveys of statutes, regulations, ordinances, and case-laws.
II. Legal drafting
We have drafted contracts for various jurisdictions including India, US, UK, Australia, Canada and UAE. To illustrate, a list of some document types that we have drawn is presented below:
- Technology transfer agreements
- Software escrow agreements
- Real estate / property agreements
- Employment agreements
- Intellectual property assignment agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Internet advertising agreements
- NDAs / MoUs etc.
- Various other deeds and contracts
III. Legal due-diligence & compliance management
We carry out comprehensive legal audits and due-diligence exercises. In such assignments, we proactively work to find out the current level of legal compliance and any gap with the required legal compliance. We handle due-diligence audits for labour laws, insurance laws, environmental laws, corporate laws etc.
IV. Corporate Governance, Consulting and Advisory services
We provide general advisory services on Corporate Legal and Governance matters, helping clients in incorporation of Companies; maintenance of statutory records and registers; statutory filing of various forms and returns; regularisation of Directorship; appearance as authorised representatives of Clients before the Central Government, Tribunal, Judicial Authorities, Company Law Board, Regional Director, Registrar of Companies, BIFR, SEBI & RBI; and assisting and advising clients comprising of Indian and Foreign companies in establishing joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, undertaking Due Diligence, funding options, restructuring, public issue, winding up etc. in a smooth and hassle free manner.
V. Intellectual Property Services
The gamut of Intellectual Property Services offered include the following:
a) Patent Search, Specification Drafting, and Registration
We have Patent and Trademarks attorneys who have experience in searching databases for prior arts. We have been providing these services for India, UK and US. We have a team of scientists, doctors, engineers and other professionals to assist in drafting specification for any invention.
b) Trademarks Search and Registration
We also provide trademarks registration services in India, UK and US.
c) Infringement Protection and Litigation Support
Upon registration of trademark or patent, we keep an aggressive watch over the market to report of any potential or actual infringement. We have lawyers competent to fight for the best protection of intellectual property.
VI. Litigation and litigation support
Legal outsourcing include legal document review and outsourcing, Contract drafting services and contracts management and outsourcing, document review, litigation support, medico-legal documentation and litigation support, legal filings, Litigation related to recovery and collection including complaints in the Court for dishonor of cheque, proceeding for taking possession of security under securitization, recovery suits and summary suits, arbitration and petition under arbitration and conciliation Act, bankruptcy filing, legal pleadings & documentation, legal research, paralegal services, legal research, paralegal support services, IP matters, electronic discovery and litigation services, bankruptcy filing, pleadings & documentation, patent drafting, and litigation support.
We have a team of lawyers competent to litigate in the courts of Law. These lawyers have expertise in litigation in corporate laws, banking & finance laws, insurance laws, labour laws, service laws, real estate laws, family laws, intellectual property laws and so on.